Sorry, but I’m sick of ramen until Friday when I have to consume it again (abstinence from meat easier than Vatican II prescriptions).
I got bratwurst, various ales & stouts, and “roasted garlic” cheddar. Perfect for tomorrow after TLM (Tridentine Latin Mass) for feast of Assumption of Momma Mary. Plus, have an out-of-town friend to treat; home-cooked is a treat for any bachelor. Don’t get any ideas!
Nice stouts & ales from Cost Plus/World Market. Cheese is cheaper there, and from red velvet pancake mix too! I feel like a kid in there. I’m delightfully girly today with an organic strawberry ale. Not for long though as I’m going clubbing on Friday & looking forward to the whiskey, just no Jack please (JD is vile bile, and he ain’t no “gentleman” either).
From the Handbook of Indulgences
Visiting a Church or an Oratory on All Souls Day
A plenary (“full”) indulgence, which is applicable only to the souls in Purgatory is granted to the Christian faithful who devoutly visit a church or an oratory on (November 2nd,) All Souls Day.
Will you not, for love, try today to gain this indulgence?
Requirements for Obtaining a Plenary Indulgence on All Souls Day (Nov. 2nd)
- Visit a church and pray for souls in Purgatory
- Say one “Our Father” and the “Creed” in the visit to the church
- Say one “Our Father” and one “Hail Mary” for the Holy Father’s intentions
- Worthily receive Holy Communion (ideally on the same day if you can get to Mass)
- Make a sacramental confession within a week of All Souls Day
- For a plenary indulgence be free from all attachment to sin, even venial sin (otherwise, the indulgence is partial, not plenary, “full”).